STEPS TO BECOMING PART OF THE SEB PROGRAM
1. Attend an information session at NOBL located at 35 Commercial Street
2. Contact Nova Scotia Works and make an appointment to determine eligibility.
42 Inglis Street
Truro NS B2N 4B4
229 Main Street
Tatamagouche NS B0K 1V0
3. Provide CBDC-NOBL a business concept (idea) on form provided to you, list of equity (things you own that you will use in the business for example, vehicle, computer, tools) and it’s value, a resume as well the Statement of Personal Affairs included in this package.
4. If the concept seems viable, CBDC- NOBL can request that you be put on the SEB program for the development of your business plan. This should take you no longer than 4 weeks to complete as you are signing a contract with Employment Nova Scotia stating that you are going to work on your business plan 35 hours per week. That being said, if you are having problems with your business plan, please contact us immediately so we can get you the proper assistance and allow you more time to complete.
5. Once your contract is signed with Employment Nova Scotia for business plan development, please contact us immediately to let us know you have been signed up. At that time you will be registered for a “MANDATORY” one day workshop on business planning.
6. If you find you need further assistance in doing your plan, please let us know immediately and we can arrange further assistance.
7. Once your business plan is complete, submit it to CBDC-NOBL so the analysis of your business plan can be completed. This process usually takes 4-6 weeks depending on the level of activity at the time. Applications are assessed on a first come first served basis to keep the process fair.
I took the Excel program to refresh my knowledge of excel as I had taken it at NSCC in 2003. However, the program delivered through LAE training was much superior. It helped me to organize my Client list as well as my daily expenses, which is very important to me as a Real Estate Agent. The time commitment was challenging at times; yet, well worth it!- Denise White