STEPS TO BECOMING PART OF THE SEB PROGRAM
1. Attend an information session at NOBL located at 35 Commercial Street
2. Contact Nova Scotia Works and make an appointment to determine eligibility.
42 Inglis Street
Truro NS B2N 4B4
229 Main Street
Tatamagouche NS B0K 1V0
3. Provide CBDC-NOBL a business concept (idea) on form provided to you, list of equity (things you own that you will use in the business for example, vehicle, computer, tools) and it’s value, a resume as well the Statement of Personal Affairs included in this package.
4. If the concept seems viable, CBDC- NOBL can request that you be put on the SEB program for the development of your business plan. This should take you no longer than 4 weeks to complete as you are signing a contract with Employment Nova Scotia stating that you are going to work on your business plan 35 hours per week. That being said, if you are having problems with your business plan, please contact us immediately so we can get you the proper assistance and allow you more time to complete.
5. Once your contract is signed with Employment Nova Scotia for business plan development, please contact us immediately to let us know you have been signed up. At that time you will be registered for a “MANDATORY” one day workshop on business planning.
6. If you find you need further assistance in doing your plan, please let us know immediately and we can arrange further assistance.
7. Once your business plan is complete, submit it to CBDC-NOBL so the analysis of your business plan can be completed. This process usually takes 4-6 weeks depending on the level of activity at the time. Applications are assessed on a first come first served basis to keep the process fair.
“Leading my first-ever CBDC-NOBL course, I can’t say enough about Lynn MacKinnon! She is an incredible instructor, and wow, does she know her stuff! I’ve learned more in five weeks than I did in all of my years in university, having taken multiple accounting and finance courses throughout. Lynn uses language and terms we can all understand, as well as practical, real-life examples to take us through the information we need to know for small business accounting; all of which I have already used. Lynn is hands-down the best instructor I’ve had to date, and I can only hope I have the great fortune of partaking in another course, led by her, in future. Thank you Lynn!” Tanya Colburne, Partner, Langille & Colburne – More Than Events