STEPS TO BECOMING PART OF THE SEB PROGRAM
1. Attend an information session at NOBL located at 35 Commercial Street
2. Contact Nova Scotia Works and make an appointment to determine eligibility.
42 Inglis Street
Truro NS B2N 4B4
229 Main Street
Tatamagouche NS B0K 1V0
3. Provide CBDC-NOBL a business concept (idea) on form provided to you, list of equity (things you own that you will use in the business for example, vehicle, computer, tools) and it’s value, a resume as well the Statement of Personal Affairs included in this package.
4. If the concept seems viable, CBDC- NOBL can request that you be put on the SEB program for the development of your business plan. This should take you no longer than 4 weeks to complete as you are signing a contract with Employment Nova Scotia stating that you are going to work on your business plan 35 hours per week. That being said, if you are having problems with your business plan, please contact us immediately so we can get you the proper assistance and allow you more time to complete.
5. Once your contract is signed with Employment Nova Scotia for business plan development, please contact us immediately to let us know you have been signed up. At that time you will be registered for a “MANDATORY” one day workshop on business planning.
6. If you find you need further assistance in doing your plan, please let us know immediately and we can arrange further assistance.
7. Once your business plan is complete, submit it to CBDC-NOBL so the analysis of your business plan can be completed. This process usually takes 4-6 weeks depending on the level of activity at the time. Applications are assessed on a first come first served basis to keep the process fair.
“ Having just completed the LAE ten-week Project Management Essentials Course, I can say whole heartedly that it was an extraordinary experience. Instructor Lynn MacKinnon taught this course with a level of professionalism and courtesy where she welcomed every student into the class with warmth and a smile. Our group was made up of business professionals involved in a wide variety of industries both small and large whose primary goal was to learn the necessary skillsets that could be applied to our respective businesses. To say this course met our expectations is an understatement as the class discussions allowed us to take the curriculum and apply it hands on to our respective business cases. Since completing the course I have had the opportunity to apply it to both our family business and to a large scale project with my corporate employer. I highly recommend the Project Management Essentials course as it allows you to breakdown your project to its fine points and build a foundation to start your ideas and goals. It allows you to plan your budget, set your target milestones and develop a step-by-step process to completion. This course should be the baseline for any business owner or entrepreneur.”
Business Development Officer
COMMISSIONAIRES NOVA SCOTIA