STEPS TO BECOMING PART OF THE SEB PROGRAM
1. Attend an information session at NOBL located at 35 Commercial Street
2. Contact Nova Scotia Works and make an appointment to determine eligibility.
42 Inglis Street
Truro NS B2N 4B4
229 Main Street
Tatamagouche NS B0K 1V0
3. Provide CBDC-NOBL a business concept (idea) on form provided to you, list of equity (things you own that you will use in the business for example, vehicle, computer, tools) and it’s value, a resume as well the Statement of Personal Affairs included in this package.
4. If the concept seems viable, CBDC- NOBL can request that you be put on the SEB program for the development of your business plan. This should take you no longer than 4 weeks to complete as you are signing a contract with Employment Nova Scotia stating that you are going to work on your business plan 35 hours per week. That being said, if you are having problems with your business plan, please contact us immediately so we can get you the proper assistance and allow you more time to complete.
5. Once your contract is signed with Employment Nova Scotia for business plan development, please contact us immediately to let us know you have been signed up. At that time you will be registered for a “MANDATORY” one day workshop on business planning.
6. If you find you need further assistance in doing your plan, please let us know immediately and we can arrange further assistance.
7. Once your business plan is complete, submit it to CBDC-NOBL so the analysis of your business plan can be completed. This process usually takes 4-6 weeks depending on the level of activity at the time. Applications are assessed on a first come first served basis to keep the process fair.
As the owner of a young, small business I would never have been able to afford training in SAGE that is comparable to what I received through CBDC/NOBL. Nor would I have been able to take a semester to live away from home to complete such training. Chris (the instructor) was beyond knowledgeable and provided a lot of useful information for business owners in addition to the ins and outs of SAGE. I have been using SAGE for business since day one of the course and it has made our accounting remarkably less complicated and time consuming. Without CBDC/NOBL I would not have made this investment in myself and the company. Thank you so much.